Friday, November 29, 2013

MATTHEW 6:19-34 (A Post-Thanksgiving Day Word)




Luke 16:
13  “No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."
14  The Pharisees, who were lovers of money, heard all these things, and they ridiculed him.      15  And he said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God.

2Timothy3:
1  But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty.
2  For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,

1Timothy 6:
3  If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness,
4  he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions,
5  and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain.
6  Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment,
7  for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world.
8  But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.
9  But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.
10  For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.
11  But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness.

Genesis 14:
17  After his return from the defeat of Chedorlaomer and the kings who were with him, the king of Sodom went out to meet him at the Valley of Shaveh (that is, the King's Valley).
18  And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. (He was priest of God Most High.)
19  And he blessed him and said, "Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth;
20  and blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand!" And Abram gave him a tenth of everything.
21  And the king of Sodom said to Abram, "Give me the persons, but take the goods for yourself."
22  But Abram said to the king of Sodom, "I have lifted my hand to the LORD, God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth,
23  that I would not take a thread or a sandal strap or anything that is yours, lest you should say, 'I have made Abram rich.'
24  I will take nothing but what the young men have eaten, and the share of the men who went with me. Let Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre take their share."

Hebrews 13:
5  Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
6  So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?"

Php 4:
10  I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity.
11  Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
12  I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.
13  I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
14  Yet it was kind of you to share my trouble.

1Thess 5:
16  Rejoice always,
17  pray without ceasing,
18  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Php 4:
6  do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
7  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

It is God's will that we rejoice and pray, with thanksgiving, always in all circumstances,recognizing that the circumstances of our lives find their origin in His sovereignty.

No comments:

Post a Comment