Tuesday, August 30, 2016

God's sovereignty in Election (even the presidential)



Job 42:
1 Then Job answered the LORD and said:
2 "I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
3 'Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?' Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
4 'Hear, and I will speak; I will question you, and you make it known to me.'
5 I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees you;
6 therefore I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes." 

Proverbs 20:12 The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the LORD has made them both.

Every election cycle one would think "it can't get any worse" and yet it does. I am not speaking about candidates, political parties, nor even the media. There will never be improvement there. I am speaking of those who claim to be the saints. Professing christianity talks a big game about God's "sovereignty" until they discover what that really means. Sovereign, as written in the Greek, is the word from which we get our term "despot". Job understood. Everything is in His hands. His foreknowledge is founded upon His predetermined will. All creation serves and glorifies the Creator.

Daniel 2:
20 Daniel answered and said: "Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, to whom belong wisdom and might.
21 He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding;
22 he reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with him.

Proverbs 16:4 The LORD has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment