Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Ashamed Of The Gospel



Romans 1:
16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
17  For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, "The righteous shall live by faith."

Luke 9:26  For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. (Mark 8:38)

Luke 12:
8  "And I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man also will acknowledge before the angels of God,
9  but the one who denies me before men will be denied before the angels of God.

If we must add anything to the Gospel to make it more accessible or palatable to men; if we have to “develop a relationship” with the unbeliever prior to presenting the Gospel; if we must start “where they are at”, (aren’t all men dead IN their sins before they are dead TO sin and alive to God in Christ ?) and then slowly reel them in; are we not then ashamed of the Gospel and denying the power of God? Does God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, need us to “give Him something to work with”?

John 6:
44  No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.
45  It is written in the Prophets, 'And they will all be taught by God.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me—

John 3:                                                                                                                                       5  Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God…………

8  The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."

The effectual call of God is not “help wanted”

Psalm 72:18  Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, who alone does wondrous things.

No comments:

Post a Comment