Tuesday, December 2, 2014

John 17:Election



John 17:
1  When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you,
2  since you have given him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him.
3  And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

John 6:
37  All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.
38  For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.
39  And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day.
40  For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day………….

44  No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.
45  It is written in the Prophets, 'And they will all be taught by God.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me—

John 10:
25  Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name bear witness about me,
26  but you do not believe because you are not part of my flock.
27  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
28  I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
29  My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
30  I and the Father are one."

1John 2:
20  But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all have knowledge.
21  I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and because no lie is of the truth.
22  Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.
23  No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also.
24  Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father.
25  And this is the promise that he made to us--eternal life.

 John 8:19  They said to him therefore, "Where is your Father?" Jesus answered, "You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also."

 Who are they that are “taught by God”? Those foreknown by the Father and given by Him to the Son.
What is it that they are taught? That Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God. Thus He and the Father are one and the same. This is eternal life.
Those given eternal life believe in, and confess, the Son who came from the Father. They know Him, and are known by Him.
That which is antichrist is against not only the Son, but also against the Father, as Father and Son are one. No one calls God, Father, unless one confesses the Son who came into the world from the Father. 

1John 3:
1  See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. (John 15:18-19; 1 John 2:18-19)
2  Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.

God is creator, and judge of all men. However, He is not Father to all men.

Matthew 10:
32  So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven,
33  but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

John 14:
5  Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?"
6  Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
7  If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him."
8  Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us."
9  Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

John 3:
16  "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18  Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment