Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Babel;The Calling Out



Genesis 11:1-9 tells of the origin of ALL nations, tribes, tongues, and cultures. The world of men is simply revelation of the complete devastation of the fall, and of man’s complete depravity in it. It is the “natural” result of the consuming of the forbidden fruit in the garden.
 
Ezekiel 28:2  "Son of man, say to the prince of Tyre, Thus says the Lord GOD: "Because your heart is proud, and you have said, 'I am a god, I sit in the seat of the gods, in the heart of the seas,' yet you are but a man, and no god, though you make your heart like the heart of a god--

John 18:
36  Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world."
37  Then Pilate said to him, "So you are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world--to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice."

The Kingdom of God not only has its origins in heaven, it also manifests in a completely different manner. God does not redeem cultures, He redeems His elect.

Rev 5:9  And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, 10  and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth."      (Genesis 12;1-3; Galatians 3:7-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment